Otters Holding Hands

Monday, November 12, 2007

week 8 #18--Social networking

HMMM.....Mixed feelings about this. Patrons are using social networking sites, my friends and colleagues are using social networking sites. I like to look at social networking sites to see what other people are doing, but really I have very little interest in actively using them. I have created a myspace page because a friend from college told me to. So I looked up other friends from college and i guess I am on their guest list or friends pages, but then they all started talking and emailing and then a mystery dude "brad' started bugging me. I think it was nice to get everybody's contact information, but I would rather email them separately or create a yahoo group for us than expose myself to all the creeps. I like to have friends in real life too. I like to go places or have them come over. Not necessarily to just chat on the computer. I can see how this would be cool for people who do not have super active lives with constant activity already. Maybe I am old fashioned but it is not for me. However, I will keep up with it so that I can assist others.

No comments: