Otters Holding Hands

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Week 5 #10 generators

Ok I guess I did get the bighugelabs from FD toys. I love playing with this kind of stuff. I tried MEEZ for an avatar. It was fun, but it really slowed my computer down. I made some cartoons and now I am going to make a 'for dummies' book cover. I really find this usable. We get students of all ages in my library who have assignments to create a comic strip about the war of 1812 or something similar, to create a book cover describing the book they have to do a report on and other such assignments. The teachers rarely tell them about these sites. Now I feel like I have a big secret too to help them with this part of their assignments. It seems that the more programs that are out there that allow us to give 'pretty' presentations, the prettier the teachers require them to be. I am very glad I could learn about these tools. As for the rss feed, I have thought about it for a while and my feelings have not changed much. I feel like I am constantly in the face of information overload and the rss feeds only provide a faster way for us to become even more overloaded.

No comments: